Blue plane?

Augustin Mrazik amr at aitecon.com
Thu Apr 9 05:03:44 UTC 1998

Alan C. Kay wrote:

> ..... Along these lines, what we should do is to simply "humanize" how Smalltalk deals with world concepts. As a tiny example, it would help in many ways if Smalltalk had "units" (meters, ergs, liters, etc.).

We have developed a pretty comprehensive framework for units (both metric and non-metric), with automatic conversions between compatible units, formatting on output and converting textual input to unit (e.g. from an input field from a submited www form). It is in VW.

I will keep this in eye, look at the code and put it to the web (give me some 2 weeks).

Augustin