Squeak 2.1/Linux/sound!

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 19 00:29:27 UTC 1998

Wow, I was wondering if anyone was looking at those dusty old web
pages.

Andraes's fix is probably the best.  Another fix is to take out the
initial "2 *" when choosing a buffer size.  This has the advantage
that the image will keep working if you move it to a VM that supports
insertSamples: better.  But I would guess people on some systems get a
performance boost from the "2 *"?

 > (PS--have any Linux Squeakers out there considered trying ALSA instead of
 > the OSS/Lite drivers?)

What is ALSA?  Something that runs on more Unices than Linux would
certainly be interesting.  (OSS claims to run on tons of OSes, but
practically not many people have it available.  What does *BSD use?)

Lex