On the list itself

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Tue Aug 4 16:02:07 UTC 1998

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Roland Jesse wrote:

> I do not like this idea. How about adding the string [squeak] as a
> prefix to the subject line? That's only one short config line for
> majordomo ;) and besides recognizing the mail as one coming from the
> list, you still know who the author is.

I agree with Roland, I'm on two other mailing lists and they both have a
short string with brackets at the beginning of the subject line
identifying themselves.  This is handy if your email program doesn't
support filtering on the reply-to field, for example.  Also, it could be
abbreviated to something like [Sq], although [squeak] or [Squeak] would be
fine, too.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net
  dway at transom.com