What I would love to know

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 19 06:42:26 UTC 1998

Hi Squeakers,

The following question was in my head since long time ago.

First a context:
Ok Squeak is cool, people are developing crazy things, are even not paid,....
The idea to have a really good open smalltalk available on every platforms is great.

But I would love to know what people from disney and/or apple are doing with it.
Will Squeak be used in a big project, as a kernel of something really important
Or is it just a side effect project?
(guess what I prefer)

Smalltalkers are often afraid by publicity. They often think:
"we have the best language and environment so...."
But a bit of visibility is always good. So sure for that the fact that
lot of projects are based on Squeak is good but a real one made
by the central team would be really great.

Thanks

Stephane DUCASSE  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/