SwitchView is gone was: Porting from other dialects

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Aug 18 15:20:32 UTC 1998

Jorge,

I found another porting issue last night. Switchview has been
removed from the base system in the 2.x release. It has been
replaced with PluggableButtonView. I found this out when I
attempted to move the Draw80 port that I am working on.

What to do now? Add a defunct class back into the base system or
start rewriting code? I think that I may add the class with copious
comments saying not to use the class for any new stuff.

Or not. Maybe I will go back to my original plan of rewriting the
non-Squeak syntax.

Best Regards,

John-Reed