True dialog windows

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Aug 23 17:22:05 UTC 1998

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:04:25 -0500 Tim Olson <tim at jumpnet.com> wrote:
>>I may be missing something, but I don't see anything that looks like real
>>dialog window support in Squeak. Is there something available?
>
>The FillInTheBlank class provides dialog support for text entry, and
>SelectionMenu>>confirm: can be used for yes/no dialog boxes.
>
>What support in particular are you looking for?

Two things:
1. That the requesting method waits until OK or Cancel is pressed. I had forgotten FillInTheBlank which does handle this.
2. (Possibly optional) that the dialog be truly modal - that the user not be able to click on other windows while the dialog is up. I'm not sure just how important this is, but it seems a common programming feature.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bob