[Win 95,OS/2] Problem Saving/Loading Morphic Project

Mark Wai mwai at ibm.net
Wed Dec 9 18:18:21 UTC 1998

I have problem saving morphic project under the following scenario.  I am
wondering if other people have the same problem or not or if it is a
possible bug:

Environment:

Win 95: 2.3beta image (clean) + Jitter
OS/2:   2.1 image (clean) + Standard VM

Steps:

1)  Open a new morphic project
2)  Enter the project
3)  Open a workspace
4)  Save World as morph file

After you supply the file name, you should immediately see a debugger comes
up complaining:
"Synthietic fonts do not get written out.  Proceed for plain font".  Just
proceed it as instructed.
After you proceed, you might see another debugger comes up complaining the
same thing, just proceed it again until the saving process is finished.  And
you should see that the morph file is saved and stored in your directory.

Now close your image and start up a clean image again:

1)  Open a file list
2)  Select the morph file that you just saved in the previous step
3)  Select 'load as morph'

Then a debugger comes up (based on my testing, I have seen 3 different
complains, one complains about a missing player and the other time it
complains about a missing debugger and the third time it complains about
does not understand value) and can't continue the loading.

I am wondering if any one of you experiencing the same thing or not.

On the other hand, if your morph project does not contain either workspace,
transcript or system browser (e.g. your morph project might contains part
bin, or other construction parts), then saving and loading morph file works
perfectly.

Any experience would be appreciated...
--
Mark Wai