Configuring a Dynabook (was: Off topic)

Bruce Cohen cohenb at gemstone.com
Fri Dec 11 21:54:03 UTC 1998

Jim Menard <jimm at io.com> wrote:
>> How about PCMCIA flash cards?

Works for me.  You could put several hundred MBytes in a system with 2
cards.  Another possibility, not yet available commercially, is the new
IBM microdrive, a 340 MByte hard disk that weighs a hundred or two
grams.

I'm not disputing the need for remote connection and storage, just the
lack of need for local storage other than working store (RAM).
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks
to the Internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Wilensky, ILP 1996
Bruce Cohen,                               |  email: cohenb at gemstone.com
GemStone Systems, Inc.                     |  phone: (503)533-3602
20575 NW Von Neumann Drive                 |  fax:   (503)629-8556
Beaverton, OR USA 97006                    |  web:   http://www.gemstone.com