VM2.2 and 2.3beta unstable on Linux ?

Han Holl han.holl at pobox.com
Tue Dec 22 22:31:59 UTC 1998

Hello,

Id this just me, or is the VM on Linux (2.0.36, different machines,
different X-servers) quite unstable.
With the downloaded binary, I could send the VM in a closed loop
by choosing the nextPage button in the Morphbook (one of the
play-with-me's).
I recompiled, and now nextPage works, but, for example, selecting
'1 + abc' and doing it in the Workspace does not produce an
error, but causes the VM to freeze. If I kill it via the WM button
close, it gets in a closed loop.
Playing around for a bit with the morph interface, is also almost
guaranteed to get the VM in a closed loop.

It would be nice if someone could confirm this behaviour, or maybe
there is something wrong with my system(s).

Linux-2.0.36, fresh, hardly updated, RedHat 5.2, with KDE desktop.
(I tried different Xservers and WM's, but no difference there).

Han Holl