Jitter??

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Mon Dec 14 17:31:35 UTC 1998

Jitter is a "translating" VM -- a generic term for the different species
of Just-In-Time VMs. In Squeak's case Jitter translates from the
standard bytecode set to its own threaded code set - combining some
common sequences of bytecode instructions into single instructions along
the way. Threaded code was chosen to try to get significant performance
gains while maintaining portability across architectures.

-- Dwight