Generic Bridges

Jerome Garcia Jerome.Garcia at wj.com
Wed Dec 9 21:19:02 UTC 1998

     This may be a dumb question but I would like to know what it would
     take to add the capability to not only pass objects and messages
     between Smalltalk images but be able to pass them to images which do
     not contain the class definitions for those objects. Basically, it
     seems to me that it would be nice to be able to do the following:

     1. Pass a class definition to an image.
     2. Send that image instances of the class or ask it to instantiate
     some and initialize them.
     3. Do something with the class and instances.
     4. Remove the class definition and instances from the image.

     I would like to be able to avoid the necessity of having the class
     definitions permanently in all of the images of a distrubuted system.
     If this can already be done, I would love to know how.

     Jerome

     jegarcia at adventurousmind.com