Smalltalk and CORBA
guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 10 17:06:46 UTC 1998
At 1:02 AM -0500 12/10/98, Ivan Brusic wrote:
>On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, David Farber wrote:
>> i do have a proposal, though. since there are so many of us with such good
>> ideas and so little time, i reccomend that we ask (politely, but with that
>> tone of voice that clearly indicate that we are not going to take no for an
>> answer) Mark G. to start lending us his undergrads as implementation slaves.
>I think that is a great idea! Uh, wait, something is not quite right
Oh fine -- get me in trouble with the students! :-) (You should hear the
grief I'm getting over in the Squeakers list!)
More seriously: If you can define some specific tasks that you need to get
CORBA support in Squeak, I can:
- Consider them for class assignments (if they're pedagogically useful, and
you can use 100 different implementations :-)
- Suggest them as extra credit assignments for my class
- Post them on my list of project suggestions. We have a requirement for
undergraduate design/research projects, and that's the source for some
wonderful things like Ross Philipson's PWS Admin utility.
- Ask if any of the Georgia Tech Squeakers wants to take on the task.
There is interest among the students here for CORBA support in Squeak --
it's one of the more common questions I get from students who want to use
Squeak in their co-op jobs.
Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing : Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
More information about the Squeak-dev