How To Open Transcript?

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Thu Dec 3 20:02:51 UTC 1998

At 06:21 PM 12/2/98 +0100, you wrote:
[snip]
>> I want to open a Transcript window,
[snip]
>> continue executing.
>
>That's true. Have a look at StandardSystemController>>open and
>ControlManager>>scheduleActive: -- you'll see that the currently active
>process is terminate when a window is scheduled. It's hard to get around
>this in MVC.

Thanks Andreas.  I thought I might have missed what I've seen elsewhere
called (I think) non-modal windows that do what I need (continue executing).

How difficult would these windows be to implement in Squeak and could anyone
point me where to start?

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy