Configuring a Dynabook (was: Off topic)

JENS at ejs.is JENS at ejs.is
Fri Dec 11 15:40:48 UTC 1998

On the hardware side I see the Dynabook (with some extras) something
like the following:

	Touch screen (flat panel, 13" TFT color LCD)
	minimum 1024x648 resolution
	Wireless network interface
	64MB (at least)
	Remote boot (no hard disk)
	Rugged (must be able to withstand shocks, like dropping)
	Light weight (will be carried for extended periods)
	Pentium processor (or similar)
	Battery lifetime of at least 4 hours (swappable online)
	Integrated phone
	Infrared interface
	Barcode reader
	USB interface

You are just holding a screen in your hands (like the original Dynabook
I think).
Maybe this is a far cry (at least considering cost), but one is allowed
to dream ;-)

Jens