Update server for MorphicWrappers

Gerardo Richarte gera at core-sdi.com
Mon Dec 28 21:04:44 UTC 1998

"Ted K." wrote:

> Richie,
>         Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do:

    I think I have not expressed myself right... The picture is this:

- Not everybody has MorphicWrappers right now, so there is always a .ZIP file with the latest version (including latest updates) available in http://www.db.uba.ar/MathMorphs.

- A lot of people is already using MW, but they have SOME version, and we want to be able to upgrade them to the latest one through an Update Server.

the problem is:

- Suppose you get the .ZIP file with the latest version. You'll still have Squeak Version 2.2 (for example). The next day, you want to check if there is a new update waiting for you, so you click Update from Server, and then you choose 'Morphic Wrappers Update Server', but you Squeak Version is 2.2, and below the line with '#MW2.2' there
are a lot of upgrades. The problem is that, while your squeak is v2.2, the MorphicWrappers you have are newer than that Squeak... This problem arises when you want to maintain different threads of updates (for different projects).
    My idea is to check against the date of the update, not against a version... My intentin is not to change Squeak's version each time there is a new update for MW...

    Changer Bye!
    Richie++