primaryHand

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Thu Dec 24 12:32:20 UTC 1998

John wrote:
>You're right! The "primaryHand" mechanism was a shortcut that was supposed
>to have been replaced by "self world activeHand" as you describe. The fix
>you propose is reasonable.

John. Please note that the fix is OK in most cases but not enough in some
situations. A deeper (and not very difficult) patch is to make
ScrollPane|yellowButtonActiviy: receive the MorphicEvent <evt> as argument
instead of the Boolean <evt shiftKeyState>. The only cases were you have not
the event are tricky since ScrollPane|#shiftedYellowButtonActivity and
ScrollPane|#unshiftedYellowButtonActivity are used to handle the menu item
with label 'more...'. The right way to handle the 'more...' label in menus
is found in PluggableTextMorph|#scrollBarMenuButtonPressed:, were the
Boolean is supplied to #getMenu: and the <menu popUpAt: event cursorPoint
event: event> is used. I think that #shiftedYellowButtonActivity and
#unshiftedYellowButtonActivity should be removed from the system (I could
try
to do this if you agree).

Leandro