Another mainstream article about Squeak at PCWeek Online

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Dec 22 19:22:14 UTC 1998

> I wonder if we can actually get statistics to see if the downloads
> and site hit rate goes up?

quick and dirty stats for //alix.inria.fr/pub/squeak/*:

Tue Dec 22     59	(as of 19h51 MET)
Mon Dec 21    145
Sun Dec 20      0
Sat Dec 19      0
Fri Dec 18    164
Thu Dec 17    170
Wed Dec 16    203
Tue Dec 15    289
Mon Dec 14     71
Sun Dec 13      0
Sat Dec 12      0
Fri Dec 11     38
Thu Dec 10     72
Wed Dec  9     32

Although most people will be probably be downloading from UIUC...

If you want serious statistics then mail me in a week or so and I'll
extract more realistic numbers for downloads of what looks like an
entire Squeak distribution.

On what date did the article first appear?

One thing is clear from the numbers for weekends: the average Squeaker
has a life that extends beyond the computer. ;o)

Ian