parallel processing smalltalk

Aik-Siong Koh akoh at adams.com
Mon Dec 7 22:18:29 UTC 1998

I use smalltalk in an engineering software for motion simulation. Smalltalk
has been excellent for my programming productivity, but now I am looking
for computational speed. Are there examples of smalltalk taking advantage
of massively parallel processing? I would also be interested in any
smalltalk plus C, C++, or FORTRAN combination which takes advantage of
parallel processing.

Any suggestion on how to maintain the programming productivity of smalltalk
and yet achieve the computational speeds expected of engineering/scientific
software is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Aik-Siong Koh