SqueakOS

Fred Bacon bacon at mediaone.net
Sat Dec 26 22:28:37 UTC 1998

"Randal L. Schwartz" wrote:

> Yes, the MkLinux people are familiar with the difference between
> OpenBoot G3 Macs and those that aren't.  (Almost?) all Macs coming off
> the line right now are OpenBoot... and boots into a "forth-like" mode
> (my Forth buddies tell me it is a real total Forth).  My Wall-street
> G3 Powerbook certainly is.  (MkLinux people know it because MkLinux
> works ONLY with OpenBoot Macs.)

No, but close. :-)  Linuxppc only boots on OpenFirmware based machines.
MkLinux will boot on machines which don't possess OF. (Older, NuBus
based powermacs.)

--
Fred Bacon

Aerodyne Research, Inc.                  Phone:   (978) 663-9500 ext.
273
45 Manning Rd.                             FAX:   (978) 663-4918
Billerica, MA  01821-3976                 http://www.aerodyne.com
People who want to share their religious views with you almost never
want
you to share yours with them.   -- Dave Barry