Sound help needed

Richard L. Peskin rlpcon at vermontel.net
Sat Dec 26 15:27:41 UTC 1998

In the course of moving from R3 to R4 of the BeOS, there was a major change
in the Media API (including sound). As a result some of the sound classes
are not working properly. The primary symptom is that " AbstractSound
stereoBachFugue play" runs too fast (like an over speeding tape player).
Does this mean that we are sampling too slowly now? Is there a way I can
experiment with sample rates from inside Squeak (messages that allow me to
change sample rates)?

Obviously, I am not an audio expert.
thanks,
--dick peskin

R. L. Peskin,  Rutgers Univ. ; <peskin at caip.rutgers.edu>;
<http://www.caip.rutgers.edu/~peskin>
VT Phone (802) 824-4558  NJ Phone (732) 445-4208
"The corporate culture is concerned less with Occam's razor than his
aftershave lotion."