Makefiles [was: building Mac 2.3b VM]

Blanchard, Tod tod.blanchard at kanisa.com
Wed Dec 9 17:48:16 UTC 1998

No, but projects are closed, non-portable, and have short life expectancies.
I run into the "wrong version" issue all the time and if I have to move the
code elsewhere I still have to write a makefile.  Project manager should
write makefiles.

Also, large projects should be developed as a system of sub projects each
with its own makefile.  I actually have two types of makefiles - module
makefiles and project makefiles (which just call module makefiles).  I'm
gonna stay pro-makefile and anti-closed file format.