Double-clickable app proposal

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Mon Feb 2 17:45:31 UTC 1998

Folks -

What if a Squeak VM file could recognize if an image file were simply appended to it, and do the right thing?  Then it should take no more to make a double-clickable app than to do a save followed by a file copy.

OS gurus:  Can this be done simply on the Mac PPC, 68K, Windows, Unix, OS/2, etc?

If we made this work, then I expect we would soon thereafter find all sorts of approaches to shrinking application images as well (SysDict>majorShrink is a start).

Just a thought.

	- Dan