Float bug toolkit: what the hash is this?

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Tue Feb 17 20:31:46 UTC 1998

>Interestingly enough, I've obtained low memory errors using Windows NT. But
>under Linux (2 different versions) the same virtual machines printed a Float
>Exception error and crashed (1.23 and 1.30)... really odd.

The low memory errors stem from an infinite recursion when trying
to print a NaN or Inf float. That bug has been fixed in 1.31.

The Float Exception errors under Linux probably stem from a difference
between Linux's and NT's math libraries when dealing with NaN and Inf
values. Do you happen to know what Squeak message was being
sent when the error occured?

	-- John