Windoze Sound

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Sat Feb 7 18:36:28 UTC 1998

Re:
Here is my simple little quick fix for the SoundPlayer:

Thanks for the report. It should be possible to run at 22KHz on
a P166; I'll investigate this.

Re:
>	Just changing the SamplingRate to 11025 fixed everything (as it did for
>1.30). The original setting was 22050. I would like to add that i tried
>this twice: the 1st time, the stereoBachFuge played back at half
>speed/pitch, so I threw out the whole download and tried again with a
>freshie. The 2nd time, everything worked fine and now all the examples
>work fine (?).

If you'd just aborted (alt-period) and started the Bach fugue again,
you'd have gotten the correct rate. It was remembered the previous
rate. Alternatively, you could have executed the expression:

	SoundPlayer initialize; shutDown; startUp

before playing the fugue.

	-- John