A suggestion for factoring the list

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 23 23:11:01 UTC 1998

Jon M. DeLaurier writes:

 > My preference would be to have one list, but the user have the capability
 > factor and archive the messages as he/she wishes. A good squeak
 > application.
 > I am too much of a newbie to do this.
 >
 > Jon

I would rather have separate lists, than some in-list way of
separating things out.  Here are two scenarios:

  separate lists:
  If you want mail from two lists, you subscribe to both.
  If you just want mail from one, you subscribe just to it.

  in-list scheme:
  If you want mail from two sublists, you don't do anything special
  If you want mail from just one, you *have* to filter, and you
      have to download a lot of mail you don't even read

Though actually, I would subscribe to all the lists anyway, so it
doesn't matter much to me whether it is split.

Lex