Dugan piece...

Christopher Oliver oliver at fritz.co.traverse.com
Fri Feb 20 22:31:46 UTC 1998

> Christopher -- I think you would much prefer Kay's own history of
> Smalltalk cited in the references of the Dugan piece:

I saw HOPL II at a local Borders, and I think I'll kick myself a
few more times for not buying it in the spot.  On the other hand,
a friend just lent me the Baloon issue of byte, and it's next on
my platter after Chamond Liu.

> I will thank you for pointing out Dugan's paper even though I believe he
> goes out on a limb with many of his conclusions.

Yeah.  I'm not really much of a fan of social determinism or decon-
struction.  On the other hand, I do like the read about the local
culture that surrounds the development community, and the stories
which focus on the individuals and their contributions to the way a
system or language turns out.

> 	* http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DeconstructAlmostAnything

nudge nudge ;-)

--
Christopher Oliver                     Traverse Communications
Systems Coordinator                    223 Grandview Pkwy, Suite 108