Another Windowing idea

Boris G. Chr. Shingarov boris at dialogue.msu.su
Thu Feb 5 09:04:44 UTC 1998

Fellow Squeakers,

I'm thinking about another potential use of Squeak no other
Smalltalk was ever used for (to my knowledge): debugging
external (non-Smalltalk) windowing programs.  Just thoughts,
no concrete idea yet, but...  a debugging tool inside Squeak
may set SysMQ hooks, catch messages of the debugged non-Squeak
app, analyse them in some *pure object* way, and present
some object-*what?* debugging info to the developer of the
non-Squeak app.  Needless to say this is FAR in the clouds...
but I'm still trying to fugure out *why* I stick to Squeak ;-)

boris