Mailing List(s)

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Feb 19 17:28:41 UTC 1998

The ultimate mailing list challenge!

I am a newbie and much of the discussion goes way over my head
but, sometimes I catch a bit in a thread that I read that helps my
understanding of something. I skip some threads and graze others so
I may miss some bits that would be helpful or I may not understand
the significance of what I am reading at the time.

Mostly, I like the list the way it is. The experts have been very
helpful to me (THANK YOU!) and others.

In a way, I feel like a kid with a box of tools and a pile of wood
in the cornor of a big woodworking shop. I can pound away and do my
thing, watching the big guys out of the cornor of my eye. If something
looks interesting I can walk over and watch. Stay if I am interested,
leave if I am not. If I need help, someone can usualy give me a
few minutes. If I become too much of a pest, they shoo me away.

This Squeak list is better than a woodshop though, I am in no danger
of losing any fingers here;)

I am only along for the ride, whatever you folks decide is fine with me.

John-Reed (I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!) Maffeo