Siren 1.31 Beta Release--ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Music/Siren

Stephen Travis Pope stp at limbo.create.ucsb.edu
Sun Feb 22 12:10:55 UTC 1998

I wrote,

>> [Siren]  it is known to work on Squeak version 1.31
>> running on an Apple PowerPC-based Macintosh computer

to which  Richard Smol replied,

> Darn, so much for compatibility :(

I'm not certain I understand, but I really do hope that the Siren MIDI
primitives get ported to other platforms. The Opcode MIDI System is supposed
to be portable to MS-Windows, and the MIDI primitives are quite simple and
well-documented in the hope that others will port them on other platforms
(I'll be doing SGI as soon as the Mac version is finished). My intention is
certainly to foster multi-platform applications, I just don't have a PC
handy; we use Mac, Sun, and SGI here.

stp

_ Stephen Travis Pope
_ Center for Research in Electronic Art Technology (CREATE)
_ Department of Music, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB)
_ stp at create.ucsb.edu, http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/