Implementation techniques - threaded code and such...

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sat Feb 14 23:13:51 UTC 1998

> What makes Morphic slow (to the extent that this is known - I guess
> if there was a precise and ready answer to that, it would be far less
> so...)?

In my understanding the question should be: What makes Morphic _feel_
slow? Morphic is not slower than any other part of the system but some of
its parts are not optimized for making it feel faster. One thing I would
absolutely like to have is the support of a hardware cursor. The current
implementation does bit blitting of a cursor shape and that makes it
_feel_ much slower than in the MVC part. Also, since Morphic uses double
buffering for display updates it takes quite a bit of time until you
notice that something changed.

Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+