A beginner's question regarding Inside Smalltalk vol II

Kevin Driedger kdriedge at crosskeys.com
Tue Feb 24 18:50:01 UTC 1998

Is  #initialize a class method or an instance method?

If it is a class method usually the person puts something like:
------cut here----
initialize
	"MotherDuck initialize"
	"rest of the code goes here"
----cut here----

If it is an instance method one of the superclasses class methods #new would
look like the following:

	"This method creates a new instance of the receiver."
	^super new initialize.

which would then call your instance method.

]{evin.