Version 1.31 Available

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Thu Feb 5 07:57:42 UTC 1998

Folks -

I have just stored onto the uiuc (in Smalltalk/squeak/1.31) server a .sea archive including image, changes, normal and Jitter VMs for the Mac.  It is my hope that our VM gurus might make up compatible VMs for other platforms in the next couple of days (and any better archive format that's appropriate) and make them available in the ususal places.  The 1.31 image should run with the 1.3 VMs (or even with the old 1.23 VM), as long as you don't care about bug fixes and features such as new music synthesis and reverb.

To quote from the What's New window...

Version 1.31 is intended to fix a number of bugs that accompanied the major
enhancements of 1.3.  To wit...
	Reduced introduction of style info in source code.
	    See Preferences ignoreStyleIfOnlyBold (set to true),
	    and confirmFirstUseOfStyle (also set to true).
	Fixed a bug in BitBlt (tallyPixels with depth=16).
	Restored operation of BitBlt functions 26-29.
	Improved set-border-width in Morphic.
	Fixed containsPoint: for PolygonMorphs with transparent inside.
	Restored low-latency sound output for the Mac.
	Fixed classNameCache bug reported by N. Satoshi
	Fixed primitive operation of \\ (thanks to Tim Olson)
	Fixed an age-old bug where makeBoldSlector prevented closing
	Reduced delay in Morphic new-morph menu
	Included Delay fix for large values of millisecond clock
	Included  GCD fix from Andres and NaN patches from Tim Olson
In addition, several new features have been added...
	Included support for VM stats in non-Jitter VMs
	Project views now show a real thumbnail image.
	SoundPlayer now supports reverb (reverb, reverb ;-).
	A new MIDI score player is available (see fileList menu).
	A new envelope editor allows editing of FM timbres.
	      Choose edit in score player to change while playing!
	The WikiWiki server has been enhanced in a number of ways.
	New ScaleMorph for labelling charts.
	New TransformationMorph scales and rotates any other morph.
	New PopUpChoiceMorph for in-place menu choices.

Enjoy

    - Dan and the crew