Squeak... No Sound

Ian Piumarta piumarta at prof.inria.fr
Wed Jan 21 00:22:38 UTC 1998

> I don't seem to be very lucky with Squeak 1.3, on both Windows 95
> (several ones) and Linux.

The Unix ports don't support sound at all.  There are so many different
ways of doing it on Unix boxes that implementing it would be a nightmare.

I once tried to do it using NetAudio, but after failing to make the
server run reliably on Linux (and seeing similar reports all over the
relevant newgroups) I gave up.

If anyone wants to volunteer to implement _portable_ sound for Unix,
please press the "reply" button now...  ;)

Ian