Squeak 1.3 for Window Full screen bug on Win95

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Sun Jan 18 18:14:51 UTC 1998

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for the response.  On the recursion error, it was my mistake...I re-filed in my code and it works fine.

Cheers,
Serg

-----Original Message-----
From:	Andreas Raab [SMTP:raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE]
Sent:	Sunday, January 18, 1998 8:42 AM
To:	squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject:	Re: Squeak 1.3 for Window Full screen  bug on Win95

Serg,

> I'm running a Matrox Mystique at 640x480 Hi Color. Have my Windows task =
> bar and Office97 startup bar docked to the bottom. Going full screen in =
> 1.3 produces a white stripe where the bars are docked as if the update =
> rectangle is incorrect and forcing a redraw doesn't solve it.

I'd say that there are two possibilities. Either Office97 does something
strange to the Explorer task bar (which would not surprise me since the MS
Office always used some of the more undocumented Windows) or it's a
problem with your Matrox graphics driver (which would also be no surprise -
I had trouble with Matrox cards before). I'll give it a look.

> Also, it looks like I'm getting a recursion error when I run the simple
> animated TowerOfHanoi sample from "A Taste of Smalltalk".  I haven't
> looked into this yet, but this code worked fine under 1.2.  The error
> throws up a modal dialog and then quits the 1.3 VM.

I don't have the book. Can you email me the sample?

Andreas

--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+