multithreading support

Alejandro F. Reimondo alereimondo at sugarweb.com
Wed Jan 28 23:17:47 UTC 1998

Are you thinking in implementing threads as :
1.- "Smalltalk Spaces" (implementation of connectable Virtual Machines each with its own Interpreter+GC+ClassHierarchy+ObjectArea+...) ?
2.- processes attachables to native threads of execution ?

First approach can be more powerful, and it can be interesting for defining a new way to break our monolithic image.

Ale.

Alejandro F. Reimondo
Feel free to visit Smalltalk User Group of Argentina (SUGAR)
at http://www.sugarWeb.com
Evolution make Smalltalk gurus.
Mutation make Java funs.