Smalltalk book for beginners?

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Tue Jan 20 00:42:02 UTC 1998

"A Taste of Smalltalk" and "On To Smalltalk" are excellent for beginners.

-----Original Message-----
From:	Chris Reuter [SMTP:cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent:	Monday, January 19, 1998 7:29 PM
To:	squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject:	Smalltalk book for beginners?

A friend of mine wants to learn to program.  I immediately suggested
Squeak as something to start with, but I don't know of any "Learn to
Program Using Smalltalk" sorts of books out there, and given his level
of computer knowledge, I doubt he'd be able to learn from just the
source code.

Can somebody point me to a book, online tutorial, video series,
etc. on programming in Smalltalk for non-programmers?  Is there such a
thing?  I'd hate to let another human mind become polluted with Visual
Basic.

				--Chris