Squeak 1.3 problems

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sat Jan 31 16:07:05 UTC 1998

> > Many of the methods have mangled source code, specifically that they
> > have no newlines.  The changes file is, I notice, in Unix format, so
>
> OK, I've found it. Look at
>
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/Goodies/STP11/GUI/CRLF.st

Please keep in mind that this fileIn makes LF _look_ like CR such that
it forces a line break. It does not actually change LF into CR during
fileIn or such. This can lead to serious problems later on, which is the
reason why I added the CrLfFileStream which actually _converts_ to CR.
BTW, CrLfFileStream.st can also be found in Goodies directory.

Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+