Squeak portability

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue Jan 20 19:11:08 UTC 1998

Serg,

> Again my point....who coordinates everything?  Who decides which of  two
> versions of two classes that do the same thing gets rolled into a version?

That depends on what you want to be coordinated. In the case of any system
classes (i.e. Interpreter and stuff) it is clearly "Squeak Central" at
Disney. In any other case the people developing the classes are
responsible. It's easy isn't it ;-)

> It sounds like you're saying it's a free-for-all and there is no single
> point of contact for managing the different changes that are made and
> released.

I do completely agree with what Ward said. The question is: Who _should_
coordinate _everything_?

> Chaos rules!

Let's put it that way: Squeak is a rapidly changing system. In each
release a lot of new (or improved) stuff is integrated and yes, in some
case (as the UDP stuff) things may look less significant to Squeak Central
than to you. But they (or any other group of people) will probably look
after it - if you pay them ;-)

Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+