Sending WinSqueak Code: Dumb but Critical Question

Ian Piumarta piumarta at prof.inria.fr
Tue Jan 20 14:58:51 UTC 1998

Mark,

> (1) When students fileOut their code, FTP it to their UNIX accounts, and
> mail it to us, all the line endings are gone and we can't fileIn the
> result.

FTPing in ASCII mode should convert the line endings automatically.  FTPing
in BINARY mode will not.

In the "util" directory of the Unix release are a couple of trivial
scripts that use 'tr' to convert line endings:

	sqcat		converts MacOS -> Unix
	qscat		converts Unix -> MacOS

these might be usable and/or adaptable for converting line endings between
Unix and NT.

Ian