On the security question...

Frank Zdybel zdybel at interval.com
Mon Jan 12 21:25:52 UTC 1998

Try a full garbage collect after the system comes
up and see whether the stuff goes away then.  You
may have hit a problem where a second full
gc helps or it may be that your garbage is not in
fact garbage.  If the latter and you have been invoking
via expression evaluation on the fly, you might try
a 'Smalltalk forgetDoIts' and then a gc or two.
Also, beware of the pernicious workspace variables
(try closing any editors you have been evaluating
expressions in).  Failing the above, you will need
to do some reference tracing to find the unexpected
owner(s).

frank