Block ciphers in squeak

Christopher Oliver oliver at fritz.co.traverse.com
Sun Jan 11 23:23:32 UTC 1998

I'm in the process of trying to cruft up a portable secure terminal
for system administration tasks.  I'm working with Squeak since it
pretty much runs the same no matter which platform I'm working with.

Before I bend my back to the task of implementing a block cipher such
as Square or Blowfish, I though I'd ask if anyone knows of existing
work on this topic.  All I found after a protracted session with Deja-
News was an article by Smith suggesting implementation in assembler
or C, but this defeats the goal of portability.

I've already hacked up a PK algorithm that takes about 0.9 sec with
a 1024 bit composite on a 133MHz Pentium using Piumarta's 1.23 Squeak.
Thus, all I'm seeking is a sound block cipher and perhaps a hash.

Regards,

--
Christopher Oliver                     Traverse Communications
Systems Coordinator                    223 Grandview Pkwy, Suite 108