Squeak portability

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Jan 21 00:46:37 UTC 1998

On Tue 20 Jan, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> At the risk of saying something utterly inappropriate...
> The Windows version is maintained by Andreas Raab, who you have read on
> the list recently.  The Acorn port is the work of Tim Rowledge, although
> he has been a bit quiet of late.
Oh my, it's been a long time since anyone accused me of being quiet....

The Acorn port is up to date with 1.23 and should fairly soon get to
1.3; I've been trying to sort out some major hot-key & file system
irritations recently.

tim
PS _Nice_ job on making the jitter stuff reasonably portable. It's
even intelligable; a positive triumph.

PPS The only nit to pick so far is that the specialObjectsOop now
contains 'ExternalObjects' which is a bit of a misnomer. It seems to
refer to objects intended to be externally visible, and apparently
only Sempahores at that. I was hoping it might be a neat place to but
the displayObject oop that I need to have dealt with specially. Oh
well it can go in Interpreter as before...
--
Useful random insult:- He donated his brain to science but they made
an early withdrawal.