Squeak color question and comment...

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Sun Jan 4 00:52:39 UTC 1998

I'm playing with some of the code from "A Taste of Smalltalk" and have a
comment and question.
First off it seems that Squeak doesn't implement the white: black: gray:
etc. rectangle filling methods.
I've gotten around this by just calling fillWhite:, etc from the
DisplayMedium class.  If anyone wants to
pass on the actual definitions of white:, etc. I'd appreciate it.

My question is why does 'invert'ing a white display (on the Windows version
of Squeak) produce pink?
I haven't looked into this yet, figured I'd ask if anyone knows...I was sort
of expecting black.

Cheers,

VisualNewt Software: http://www.VisualNewt.com/
Makers of Newt'sPaper(tm), the premiere news reader
for the Apple Newton(R) MessagePad(tm).

Attachment converted: Cog:Serg Koren (E-mail).vcf (TEXT/ttxt) (0000A1F4)