API Calls for Squeak 1.3

R.L.J.M.W. van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Mon Jan 19 18:37:39 UTC 1998

Hi Ale,

I see you fixed the bug in getCurrent at KernelDLL class (we experienced it
this morning after building everything from scratch).

KernelDLL class methodsFor: 'opening' stamp: 'afr 1/14/98 21:52'!
getCurrent
	"Private - get (open) an instance of the receiver."

	self current: (self fromInteger: self new getHandle).
	^self current!

Why not change the code to:

KernelDLL class methodsFor: 'opening' stamp: 'afr 1/14/98 21:52'!
getCurrent
	"Private - get (open) an instance of the receiver."

	^self fromInteger: self new getHandle.

Remember, getCurrent should answer something which becomes current. The
setting of current is handled up in the hierarchy. Now, getCurrent also
sets the current.

We've got things compiled and running. When evaluating the getVersion
example it prints 16r4 (good!) but when I evaluate the WinExec 'calc.exe'
the Windows Calculator comes up and then Squeak crashes in Win32Alloc
(vMemIsReservedPage...Query) etc. After testing 3 or more examples leading
to the same result we stopped.

Any suggestions as to fix things or what we might be doing wrong?

Anyway, well done!

Reinier.

P.S. I've sent it to the mailing list to. Might be interesting for others.

> Evolution makes Smalltalk gurus.
> Mutation makes Java fans.
Nice, I like this.