Case-insensitive selectors

John Brant brant at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 29 21:42:57 UTC 1998

At 10:13 AM 1/29/98 -0800, Travis Griggs wrote:
>----------
>From: Dan Ingalls <DanI at wdi.disney.com>
>To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
>Subject: Re: Case-insensitive selectors
>Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 8:53 AM
>
><snip>
>
>> 3.  One step which would help with the real problem, without any
>significant > compatibility issues, would be to recognize and discourage
>the definition of a method > whose pattern is equal to an existing pattern
>in letters but not in case.
>
>This seems like it might be an interesting thing to add the
>RefactoringBrowser's suite of "warnings". Is any work being done to port RB
>to Squeak? I know the idea's been kicked around, but have heard that anyone
>is actually doing it.

I don't know of anyone porting it. I have imported the parser and a few
refactorings, but the biggest problem is porting the interfaces (any
takers?). There are a few minor problems with the parser and the {}
constructs, but most of the changes to the parser and refactorings should
be minor (especially since VisualWorks and Squeak are so similar).

John Brant