ideas for Squeak projects - native windowing...

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Tue Jan 20 17:54:42 UTC 1998

On Tue 20 Jan, Serg Koren wrote:
> My one request would be to keep the Smalltalk portion of the code
as
> portable (cross-platform capable as possible).
As a useful first reading on an approach to this, read 'Creating
HOst Compilance in a Portable Framework: A sTudy in the use of
existing design patterns' P.Yelland, ACM Sigplan notices vol31,no.10,
(The OOPSLA 96 proc) pp18-29. It's about the Van Gogh project which
was a mostly (technically anyway) successful attempt to do just this.
--
Two wrongs are only the beginning.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 856-7230 (w)