Q: Big/little endian and readBits@GIFReadWriter?

Gerardo Richarte gr at fuzzy.uba.ar
Tue Jan 20 03:45:14 UTC 1998

R.L.J.M.W. van Loon wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I had to fix my GIFReadWriter class. I had to swap the bytes just before
> they were turned into a Form (see readBits at GIFReadWriter). I had the same
> problem with the PCXReadWriter. This has probably to do with my VM being
> little endian. I don't like this. Any solutions to circumvent this kind of
> problems?

	You can remap the color pallete instead of swapping bytes, but I'm not
sure if this can be done easly with Squeak (it should be easy), and I
don't know what will happen to Squeak's window's colors.

	[Ups! Does Squeak's VM's endian's size (big or small :) change from one
machine to another?]

	LoEndian eyB!
	Richie++