Mail Client in Squeak

Randy Siler rsiler at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 1 21:59:58 UTC 1998

Does anyone have an idea about how hard it would be to build an email
client in Squeak?

I've been sampling many email clients and really can't find one that makes
me happy--many of them have some nice features but all of them are less
than I'd like. And that leads me to thinking "Wouldn't it be great if I
could make my own in Squeak and finally have it the way I want it" but
unfortunately I don't know enough about a) the complexity of talking to
IMAP or POP serversand b) what's already implemented somewhere that could
make it easier. The stuff I want to do is all up above that in the user
interface and the tools.

Thanks,
Randy