Squeak Exception Handling?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Jul 21 22:18:33 UTC 1998

In March, Dave Farber posted a Squeak version of exception handling. He wrote:

>i've coded up an exception mechanism for squeak. it is a port of Bob Hinkle
>and Ralph Johnson's exception mechanism for V286. one of the big points of
>this setup is that it is supposed to mimic the ParcPlace (and even Tek)
>exceptions.
>
>is this useful to anyone from the compatibility standpoint? i don't have
>access to a PP environment, so i can't tell for certain that i haven't
>introduced some incompatibilty in the translation.

(Dave: yes, it's very useful ;) Is there a more recent version?)

I don't know much about the ANSI version, but I find it hard to imagine
that it *wouldn't* have been somewhat influenced by the ParcPlace varient ;)

Should be in the archive. If not, drop me a (private) note and I'll send a
copy.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.