More care with <PRE> & </PRE> please

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Mon Jun 15 18:02:02 UTC 1998

> > On Friday, I investigated.  I think the problem is that people are
> > using <PRE> & </PRE> inappropriately.
>
> Surely the problem is in using _any_ html tags.

It's not. The mail-archive converts the emails by using the <PRE> tag
which is entirely correct to keep the formatting. However, some people
don't add manual line breaks (such as you, Tim ;-) and of course, these
lines are not wrapped then and exceed the "magic 80 column barrier".

> Still, I suppose it could be worse. I've noticed a disturbing trend in
> people sending simple text messages as attached MSWord docs...
> particulary annoying for those of us that like to live in MS-free zones.

Are there any?! ;-)

Bye,
  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+